-
Re: Problem when booting Knoppix (Orinoco Silver PCMCIA)

Originally Posted by
jsl81
I have been messing with this issue for awhile now. I am using Knoppix 3.4 and when I boot get a black screen which does nothing. If I use a cheat (knoppix acpi=off noscsi) it will load but only to this stage:
PCMCIA Found, starting cardmgr.
cardmgr[82] starting, version is 3.2.5
cardmgr[82] socket 0: Lucent Technologies WaveLAN/IEEE Adapter
cardmgr[82] executing: 'modprobe hermes'
cardmgr[82] executing: 'modprobe orinoco'
cardmgr[82] executing: 'modprobe orinoco_cs'
As soon as "PCMCIA Found, starting cardmgr." shows a loud beep sound is heard.
I am using a Orinoco Silver PCMCIA card. I do know and have used the "failsafe" cheat with success, but want to be able to use my wireless card. Also if I do use the "failsafe" cheat Knoppix loads VERY slow. I have had same problem with the Orinoco loadup using knoppix 3.3 but not the blank screen nor the slow loading.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Computer is Presario 2195US
perhaps check your bios settings, see if the pcmcia slot is cardbus mode.
Similar Threads
-
By gravity in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 11:47 PM
-
By al_mckin in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 02:32 PM
-
By jsl81 in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 01:38 PM
-
By jsl81 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 05:53 AM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-22-2003, 09:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Commodore 64c Computer System
$550.00

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore 64/C64 23 Original Games (Untested /As Is ,no returns )Maniac Mansion
$115.00

Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer
$600.00

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00