I also have the Orinoco and it runs fine.
What happens if you boot without the card and insert the card after everything is running fine? Please also post the output ofdirectly after inserting the card if you still have problems.Code:dmesg | tail
I have been messing with this issue for awhile now. I am using Knoppix 3.4 and when I boot get a black screen which does nothing. If I use a cheat (knoppix acpi=off noscsi) it will load but only to this stage:
PCMCIA Found, starting cardmgr.
cardmgr[82] starting, version is 3.2.5
cardmgr[82] socket 0: Lucent Technologies WaveLAN/IEEE Adapter
cardmgr[82] executing: 'modprobe hermes'
cardmgr[82] executing: 'modprobe orinoco'
cardmgr[82] executing: 'modprobe orinoco_cs'
As soon as "PCMCIA Found, starting cardmgr." shows a loud beep sound is heard.
I am using a Orinoco Silver PCMCIA card. I do know and have used the "failsafe" cheat with success, but want to be able to use my wireless card. Also if I do use the "failsafe" cheat Knoppix loads VERY slow. I have had same problem with the Orinoco loadup using knoppix 3.3 but not the blank screen nor the slow loading.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Computer is Presario 2195US
I also have the Orinoco and it runs fine.
What happens if you boot without the card and insert the card after everything is running fine? Please also post the output ofdirectly after inserting the card if you still have problems.Code:dmesg | tail
If I leave the card out and let knoppix load then insert the card EVERYTHING freezes and I have to reset my laptop.
perhaps check your bios settings, see if the pcmcia slot is cardbus mode.Originally Posted by jsl81
I have gonna throught the bios and there are not much for settings

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08