hmmm
I usually mount and then cd to the root of the remaster's filesystem. Then just do a
chroot . /bin/bash
Hallo!
I'm trying to chroot to my already modified kernel tree with no luck. Here are the steps I'm following:
-----
root@quinipt:/home/quini# mount -rw /dev/hda7 /mnt/hda7 -t ext3
root@quinipt:/home/quini# chroot /mnt/hda7/knx/source/KNOPPIX
bash: command substitution: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
bash: command substitution: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
root@is not an exit
-----
I'm trying to chroot from my previously installed knoppix 3.2 (sid updated), and I'm modifying a knoppix 3.4.
Help is appreciated, thanks![]()
hmmm
I usually mount and then cd to the root of the remaster's filesystem. Then just do a
chroot . /bin/bash
Thanks for your answer. Anyway no luck 8-|
-----
root@quinipt:/home/quini# mount -rw /dev/hda7 /mnt/hda7/
root@quinipt:/home/quini# cd /mnt/hda7/knx/source/KNOPPIX/
root@quinipt:/mnt/hda7/knx/source/KNOPPIX# ls
bin cdrom etc home lib none root sys usr vmlinuz
boot dev floppy initrd mnt proc sbin tmp var
root@quinipt:/mnt/hda7/knx/source/KNOPPIX# chroot . /bin/bash
bash: command substitution: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
bash: command substitution: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
root@no es un (means "is not a...")
-----
Any other idea I could try? Maybe it's because I'm trying to chroot from my linux (installed in hd) instead of booting from knoppix CD ? 8-?
Thanks.

OWC ThunderBay 4 mini 4-Bay 2.5" Thunderbolt 3 RAID Enclosure [Diskless]
$185.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable
$125.00
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00