-
Help to build an Autofold Knoppix
I wish to use configure knoppix so that it automatically boots into folding ( http://folding.stanford.edu ). I also want to manage the computer remotely. I currently use realVNC on windoze based PC's. Could I set up the computer so I can telnet into it?
I figured that this is not too hard but my Linux knowledge is v-basic.
I guess I need to pass the 'cheatcodes' 2, Floppy config, noeject and noprompt as knoppix starts up. What do I need to edit to do this?
Then use a bootscript on a floppy to knoppix so I can telnet into it (anyone shed some light how I go about doing this?), wget the folding work folder for that PC from an FTP, chmod neccesary files and start folding.
Do I just append my script to the end of the knoppix.sh script? What is the difference in syntax between a boot script and just typing the commands in at the prompt?
Bonus question, is there something I can add to my script so my work folder is automatically backed up to my ftp every couple of hours?
Similar Threads
-
By lfs in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-09-2005, 03:58 AM
-
By sunpascal in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2005, 06:50 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 07:27 PM
-
By torbu in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 01:20 PM
-
By castlesoft in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 06:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$119.99

LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better
$250.00

Lot of 15 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets for Parts
$338.63