Many have the same problem when booting with the 2.5.x kernel. Several have posted and I don't think there is a bug-fix yet.
Hello
I have sucessfully installed knoppix 3.4 to hard-drive, using kernel 2.6.5
Everything seems to work fine (even better than my Slackware install!) but..
I cannot get Xine to run. The program just closes itself down. I ran it from a terminal, and the folowing message was displayed:
XiTK received
SIGSEGV signal, RIP.
Aborted
Any ideas??
Thank you
Many have the same problem when booting with the 2.5.x kernel. Several have posted and I don't think there is a bug-fix yet.
Just try to compile a kernel yourself. Since I have done this the performance (of my harddisk) is much higher. Do you have an AMD? Try the kernel option "mem=nopentium". If you only see a blue contents in xine try switching the output driver to xshm. That works for me.
Thanks for the suggestion. I was going to upgrade to 2.6.6 this weekend - I'll follow your suggestion - hopefully this will bring some joy.
Thank you

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99