Many have the same problem when booting with the 2.5.x kernel. Several have posted and I don't think there is a bug-fix yet.
Hello
I have sucessfully installed knoppix 3.4 to hard-drive, using kernel 2.6.5
Everything seems to work fine (even better than my Slackware install!) but..
I cannot get Xine to run. The program just closes itself down. I ran it from a terminal, and the folowing message was displayed:
XiTK received
SIGSEGV signal, RIP.
Aborted
Any ideas??
Thank you
Many have the same problem when booting with the 2.5.x kernel. Several have posted and I don't think there is a bug-fix yet.
Just try to compile a kernel yourself. Since I have done this the performance (of my harddisk) is much higher. Do you have an AMD? Try the kernel option "mem=nopentium". If you only see a blue contents in xine try switching the output driver to xshm. That works for me.
Thanks for the suggestion. I was going to upgrade to 2.6.6 this weekend - I'll follow your suggestion - hopefully this will bring some joy.
Thank you

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic
$299.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99