Many have the same problem when booting with the 2.5.x kernel. Several have posted and I don't think there is a bug-fix yet.
Hello
I have sucessfully installed knoppix 3.4 to hard-drive, using kernel 2.6.5
Everything seems to work fine (even better than my Slackware install!) but..
I cannot get Xine to run. The program just closes itself down. I ran it from a terminal, and the folowing message was displayed:
XiTK received
SIGSEGV signal, RIP.
Aborted
Any ideas??
Thank you
Many have the same problem when booting with the 2.5.x kernel. Several have posted and I don't think there is a bug-fix yet.
Just try to compile a kernel yourself. Since I have done this the performance (of my harddisk) is much higher. Do you have an AMD? Try the kernel option "mem=nopentium". If you only see a blue contents in xine try switching the output driver to xshm. That works for me.
Thanks for the suggestion. I was going to upgrade to 2.6.6 this weekend - I'll follow your suggestion - hopefully this will bring some joy.
Thank you

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING LGA1151 DDR4 ATX Motherboard With IO Inlucded
$100.00