Many have the same problem when booting with the 2.5.x kernel. Several have posted and I don't think there is a bug-fix yet.
Hello
I have sucessfully installed knoppix 3.4 to hard-drive, using kernel 2.6.5
Everything seems to work fine (even better than my Slackware install!) but..
I cannot get Xine to run. The program just closes itself down. I ran it from a terminal, and the folowing message was displayed:
XiTK received
SIGSEGV signal, RIP.
Aborted
Any ideas??
Thank you
Many have the same problem when booting with the 2.5.x kernel. Several have posted and I don't think there is a bug-fix yet.
Just try to compile a kernel yourself. Since I have done this the performance (of my harddisk) is much higher. Do you have an AMD? Try the kernel option "mem=nopentium". If you only see a blue contents in xine try switching the output driver to xshm. That works for me.
Thanks for the suggestion. I was going to upgrade to 2.6.6 this weekend - I'll follow your suggestion - hopefully this will bring some joy.
Thank you

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$8.00
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.77