Many have the same problem when booting with the 2.5.x kernel. Several have posted and I don't think there is a bug-fix yet.
Hello
I have sucessfully installed knoppix 3.4 to hard-drive, using kernel 2.6.5
Everything seems to work fine (even better than my Slackware install!) but..
I cannot get Xine to run. The program just closes itself down. I ran it from a terminal, and the folowing message was displayed:
XiTK received
SIGSEGV signal, RIP.
Aborted
Any ideas??
Thank you
Many have the same problem when booting with the 2.5.x kernel. Several have posted and I don't think there is a bug-fix yet.
Just try to compile a kernel yourself. Since I have done this the performance (of my harddisk) is much higher. Do you have an AMD? Try the kernel option "mem=nopentium". If you only see a blue contents in xine try switching the output driver to xshm. That works for me.
Thanks for the suggestion. I was going to upgrade to 2.6.6 this weekend - I'll follow your suggestion - hopefully this will bring some joy.
Thank you

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH
$225.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
LOT OF 3 Cisco UCS B200 M4 Blade Server Modules w/ 2x Xeon, No Ram, No HDD, Read
$129.95
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00