-
Senior Member
registered user
Great! Thanx for the info. Sounds like just what I need.
OK, I'm at home right now but I'm installing apt-spy by sshing in to one of school PCs in question. apt-spy is now running. Cool, I see what its doing. Its trying to login to known debian repositories and download a file that should be common to all. As it does this it tracks which sites timeout and makes a note to avoid these, I suppose. Also its benchmarking how fast each site is. Where does apt=spy get its list of sites, I wonder? Looks like this will take a long time....
Well, once apt-spy fixes my sources.list can I simply copy this file to all my other PCs that suffer from the same ailments or do I have to run apt-spy on each one?
BTW, after apt-spy ran, I found only 3 stable sites listed in sources.list! OK, out of force of habbit, after I switched those entries to unstable, I ran apt-get update and then installed everything I wanted! Thanx again.
Just wondering though, what apt-get install base-config would do (I skipped that step)?
TIA,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By Timo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 07:50 AM
-
By patiscool in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-27-2004, 12:42 AM
-
By tsitras in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 03:10 PM
-
By rozen in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95