-
Duplicate hdd install
I have three computers: a notebook and two desktops. I have only dialup at home, and the best connection I have ever had is 31200 (probably bad wiring in my old trailer). I take the notebook with me to work, where I have fast internet connectivity.
I've had problems with 3.4 on my notebook (an old Compaq Armada E500) and am still using 3.3. I have, however, update KDE to 3.2.2 and installed a number of other packages. I'd like to keep all three computers the same, but obviously don't want to do a KDE upgrade over dialup. Is there an easy way to duplicate the notebook install to the desktops? Basically, I'd like to create an image of the hard drive and copy it to the other computers. Is something like that possible?
I know that one option is to burn the *.debs from the notebook to a CD and use them to install the apps on the desktops, but I'd rather not do that. Another possibility is to create a custom KNOPPIX remaster, but that sounds like a lot of work for three computers. I'm hoping there is an easy process.
Thanks,
Phillip
Similar Threads
-
By Cardador in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 11:20 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99