-
Boot Problems
Hi all,
I'm totally new to Linux. I burned a Knoppix 3.4 disk, but can't get it to boot properly. I ran cdtest and got no errors (it just attempted to start Linux). Regardless of which mode I try to start in (text only, noscsi, expert, failsafe), I end up with the little Penguin in the top corner and a Welcome to the Knoppix live Linux-on-cd message. After that, I can't do anything.
One problem could be ram (only 64m), but it should have worked in text mode if that was the only problem (in theory). In expert mode, I get a message stating
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errorno = 2
After that, I again get the Welcome to knoppix line. I've checked the FAQ's and can't find a clue.
Running celeron 400mhz, ATAPI 48kAKUcdrom, not much ram(64m)
Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By philski27 in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 02:54 PM
-
By sonic20 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 07:04 PM
-
By Loper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:38 AM
-
By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
-
By zimtim in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-12-2003, 12:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99