Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Knoppix Wiki

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19

    Knoppix Wiki

    I think that a wiki would be more conducive to documentation of knoppix than a message board. You might want to check out PHPWiki since it looks like you're using php. An example of a wiki is at wikipedia

    The design of this site looks great, unfortunately you've got a 3s ping from my connection :\

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Hi there,
    Yes I had the same thought too!

    A wiki would be good for many reasons, but the most imporntant is documentation. Knoppix currently doesn't have a manual, I guess we should write one!

    When I ping you I only get a 300ms ping time.. maybe a transiant problem. My server is hosted on a fiber link so it shouldn't be at my end. I guess it depends where you are. I may be hosting in the United States next year, so I could mirror this site ( all dynamicly with working forums etc )

    I'll look at installing phpwiki, I have used it before

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19
    nm about the ping, it musta been a temporary thing. Now it's <= 300 for me.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    cool about the ping
    the server is hosted in new zealand, so it is on the other side of there world to most people ( middle earth but we have good IT infrastructure and it is fast

    wiki in progress : http://www.knoppix.net/docs/

    I'm still themeing it so it may be intermitantly broken for a few more hours while I work on it. Edit the home page if you want.. ( try to leave the other links there for the time being )

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19
    Great, now they'll hopefully be able to use that for their FAQ on the listserv. The way they were doing it didn't make sense but I didn't really want to use my server to host the wiki which is on a lowly dsl line. Again, design looks great!

    I would really recommend removing the requirement to sign in. PHPwiki has some major issues with user auth which I've never really figured out. I think I read that it didn't have it at all so it's really more safe just displaying IPs. I can't log in at all to this wiki or my wiki except for my admin user. I don't think anyone but you can change things as it is.

    Yeah, theres always the possiblity that I read the ping zeros wrong but the site was goin very slow which was why I took the ping in the first place. . . been better since though.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Hi there,
    I have update the wiki so it now doesn't require logins, so have a go

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19
    Looks like it's coming along. Great! Thanks for the hosting.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 10:43 PM
  2. Include Wiki on CD
    By blujay in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 02:35 PM
  3. The wiki is hosed
    By mzilikazi in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 04:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD picture

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD

$149.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$71.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB Wifi 8th/9th Geb 1151 Motherboard picture

Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB Wifi 8th/9th Geb 1151 Motherboard

$84.99



ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX picture

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX

$59.99