-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix Wiki
I think that a wiki would be more conducive to documentation of knoppix than a message board. You might want to check out PHPWiki since it looks like you're using php. An example of a wiki is at wikipedia
The design of this site looks great, unfortunately you've got a 3s ping from my connection :\
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi there,
Yes I had the same thought too!
A wiki would be good for many reasons, but the most imporntant is documentation. Knoppix currently doesn't have a manual, I guess we should write one!
When I ping you I only get a 300ms ping time.. maybe a transiant problem. My server is hosted on a fiber link so it shouldn't be at my end. I guess it depends where you are. I may be hosting in the United States next year, so I could mirror this site ( all dynamicly with working forums etc )
I'll look at installing phpwiki, I have used it before
-
Junior Member
registered user
nm about the ping, it musta been a temporary thing. Now it's <= 300 for me.
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Junior Member
registered user
Great, now they'll hopefully be able to use that for their FAQ on the listserv. The way they were doing it didn't make sense but I didn't really want to use my server to host the wiki which is on a lowly dsl line. Again, design looks great!
I would really recommend removing the requirement to sign in. PHPwiki has some major issues with user auth which I've never really figured out. I think I read that it didn't have it at all so it's really more safe just displaying IPs. I can't log in at all to this wiki or my wiki except for my admin user. I don't think anyone but you can change things as it is.
Yeah, theres always the possiblity that I read the ping zeros wrong but the site was goin very slow which was why I took the ping in the first place. . . been better since though.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi there,
I have update the wiki so it now doesn't require logins, so have a go
-
Junior Member
registered user
Looks like it's coming along. Great! Thanks for the hosting.
Similar Threads
-
By liaoch in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 10:43 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 02:35 PM
-
By mzilikazi in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 04:51 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586
$149.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99

(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)
$575.00