Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Oh My Goodness!!! It's Happening!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157

    Oh My Goodness!!! It's Happening!!!

    I am by no means a "real" linux user. I have installed them a million times now, but I never really use them. But I read up on the news and how they work about two hours a day. I still find linux not very productive. But I am hoping to...

    I said all that to say this.

    I was working on my windows machine today. I found two files with the same content. I know that they were only a bit different because one was a little bigger than the other. So I decided to call one "Unit I" and the other "Unit i" until I found out which I wanted to keep. I was startled to see and hear the "windows foul" cry out! I thought that I was in my rights to do this since there were in a different case!

    SOME ONE HELP ME!!!!! I AM TURNING INTO A L-USER!!!!

    Just thought some of you might find this funny.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sterling, VA, USA
    Posts
    2
    The Linux penguin rules!

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Hunkah,

    Hate to say it, but, Linux is like the Borg, everyone will be assimilated

    Just watch out, or you are going to start thinking in Linux CLI commands next, and those "Windows" apps you know and love, will begin to fade into oblivian... You will start to think in Linux commands, and run programs that are Linux specific, and when your friend asks you advice about there Windows programs, you'll be like: Oh, is that like XINE in Linux?

    Good luck on your re-education, because it is a different world from the eyes of the PENGUIN

    [giggle]
    Ms. Cuddles

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    We are the Borg, resistence in futile!

    Luv,
    Locutus

    PS: Borg can't spell....

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    Did you compare the files with diff?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    USA, NY
    Posts
    7
    I always figured *nix to be the United Federation of Planets with Mr.Trovalds as an admiral and Microsoft being the Borg with Mr. Gates being the Borg Queen... Or possibly *nix being the Q Continuum (=

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i5-12400 Processor SRL4V picture

Intel Core i5-12400 Processor SRL4V

$115.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU

$99.99



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



Intel Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition 3.0GHz Processor SR2PA LGA2011 10 Core CPU picture

Intel Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition 3.0GHz Processor SR2PA LGA2011 10 Core CPU

$162.95