Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: irssi, battery and screen resolution ;>

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3

    irssi, battery and screen resolution ;>

    Hello

    I have had some trouble installing software on knoppix (using the live-cd), applications such as irssi seems to compile just fine but I can't get it to run (and when trying to install Pearl support (optional) I get a read-only-filesystem warning (I have tried to install it in my home-folder)). Maybe it isnt that simple to install applications when using the live-cd? (I do not have access to the HDD)

    Secondly, I run knoppix on my laptop and when I run on battery KDE restarts (showing an low battery warning for a second or so) eventhough the battery is fully charged. Supposedly KDE will restarts a couple of times before it works just fine according to a thread here on the forums, although the thread didnt come with any solution . Is there any simple way to turn this feature off? (according to the Control Center nothing is supposed to be done when the battery runs out)

    Lastly Im stuck with the resolution 1024*768 (on my laptop) and if I tries to change it (using the icon on the bottom-right) to 1600*1024 (actually the recommended resolution for the monitor is 1680*1024 I believe) I get like 1600*1024 pixels although its just my original 1024*768 size on everything and the display is mirrored on the right since I now have more space than 768 pixels in width and in the bottom I see the knoppix wallpaper.
    If it is of any help the graphic card is a Radeon Mobility 9200.

    Any help is greatly appreciated

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    15

    Re: irssi, battery and screen resolution ;>

    Quote Originally Posted by tjoff
    I have had some trouble installing software on knoppix (using the live-cd), applications such as irssi seems to compile just fine but I can't get it to run (and when trying to install Pearl support (optional) I get a read-only-filesystem warning (I have tried to install it in my home-folder)). Maybe it isnt that simple to install applications when using the live-cd? (I do not have access to the HDD)
    I couldn't get irssi to work either
    Too bad because it's a great program..

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3

    Re: irssi, battery and screen resolution ;>

    Quote Originally Posted by e2k
    I couldn't get irssi to work either
    Too bad because it's a great program..
    yeah


    Although I found the solution for my resolution problem, the solution was to boot it with the command: knoppix screen=1680x1050 noddc

Similar Threads

  1. How to set screen resolution?
    By Islington in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 01:48 PM
  2. Can't get the right screen resolution
    By Darcian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 02:02 AM
  3. Screen resolution
    By IanHall in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 03:45 AM
  4. Screen Resolution
    By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 11:27 PM
  5. Screen Resolution
    By Patrick21 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 10:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit picture

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit

$199.97



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 400800 PAL CPU6502C Sally PCB with PAL ANTIC  GTIA G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 400800 PAL CPU6502C Sally PCB with PAL ANTIC GTIA G3D

$70.00



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75