-
Wireless Card Troubles
Knoppix 3.2 is installed on my laptop, and my parents just bought me a linksys wpc54g wireless card. In very easy to undestand terms (I'm new to linux), how do I set up my card?
Any help is appreciated.
-
I have the same linksys wireless card on my laptop...its relatively new. Knoppix 3.4 won't recognize it when it boots either linux 2.4 or 2.6 kernel. I checked the linksys webpage but I dont think they have written a linux driver for it yet. So, AFAIK, we have to wait untill linksys makes a linux driver for it and/or they write a linux kernel that recognizes it. Somewhere (i think under networ support in this forum) they suggest getting a wireless bridge that has a receiver with and RJ45 jack that plugs into your computer's NIC card to avoid this problem....however those cost about $150.
Moustache
-
I googled the card, and linux, and found that someone was able to get it working by running a pair of modprobe commands.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...400#post893400
modprobe yenta-socket
modprobe ndiswrapper"
give it a shot from the root window.
edit.. looks like there is no ndiswrapper module in knoppix..
-
Junior Member
registered user
Go to http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...804&highlight=
And look where tony-c says some instructions. Yes I know that I am rather new, but I've been surfing and I just signed up now. This seems to work for many people.
Esher2292
Similar Threads
-
By nestle in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 06:44 PM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-05-2004, 05:10 AM
-
By sparticus in forum Laptops
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
-
By jimbo62 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 01:01 AM
-
By PJ Vac in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-09-2003, 11:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer
$72.00

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Atari 400 800 The Communicator II Kit CIB CX488 Modem Cartridge Box
$80.00

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99