Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Wireless Card Troubles

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2

    Wireless Card Troubles

    Knoppix 3.2 is installed on my laptop, and my parents just bought me a linksys wpc54g wireless card. In very easy to undestand terms (I'm new to linux), how do I set up my card?
    Any help is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    32
    I have the same linksys wireless card on my laptop...its relatively new. Knoppix 3.4 won't recognize it when it boots either linux 2.4 or 2.6 kernel. I checked the linksys webpage but I dont think they have written a linux driver for it yet. So, AFAIK, we have to wait untill linksys makes a linux driver for it and/or they write a linux kernel that recognizes it. Somewhere (i think under networ support in this forum) they suggest getting a wireless bridge that has a receiver with and RJ45 jack that plugs into your computer's NIC card to avoid this problem....however those cost about $150.

    Moustache

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    72
    I googled the card, and linux, and found that someone was able to get it working by running a pair of modprobe commands.

    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...400#post893400

    modprobe yenta-socket
    modprobe ndiswrapper"


    give it a shot from the root window.

    edit.. looks like there is no ndiswrapper module in knoppix..

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    11
    Go to http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...804&highlight=

    And look where tony-c says some instructions. Yes I know that I am rather new, but I've been surfing and I just signed up now. This seems to work for many people.

    Esher2292

Similar Threads

  1. i need help with wireless card...
    By nestle in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 06:44 PM
  2. HA-501 wireless card.
    By xaviers2002 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 05:10 AM
  3. No Wireless Extensions/No wireless card found?
    By sparticus in forum Laptops
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
  4. Wireless PC Card?
    By jimbo62 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 01:01 AM
  5. Wireless Card
    By PJ Vac in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 11:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1785.15



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$15.99



Apple Macbook Pro 16

Apple Macbook Pro 16" i9-9980hk 32GB 1TB - Good

$509.99



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$475.60



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$17.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



MSI GT72 2QE Dominator Pro  17

MSI GT72 2QE Dominator Pro 17"

$365.00



2026 NEW SGIN 15.6

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C

$302.99