Is it possible to remaster a knoppix dist with a custom kernel which loads the PCMCIA driver before anything else?
I'd like to get a Knoppix with a custom kernel that enables PCMCIA and loads oroinco_cs (or any wireless ethernet driver) before anything else. This will allow a diskless node nfs mount the root filesystem wirelessly. I know about the howtos for nfs-root but I have'nt seen anything for doing it with a wireless ethernet card.
Has anyone tried this or knows of a remaster that already does this? If not, with some help, I'm willing to give it a shot. Anyone interested?

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco Business CBS110-8T-D Unmanaged Switch, 8 Port GE, Desktop
$44.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99