Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Help NIC Problem!

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    OK my driver exists, if I continue with all the rest of the commands, will it automatically locate the driver by knowing the results of the previous command? Because I tried that and it didn't work.

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    Which exist? eepro100 or e100 or both?

    The other commands only depend on the fine location of the drivers, not on commands you used to find them.
    You can assume the location IS fine.

    'Didn't work' is a very general report.
    What didn't work?
    modprobe eepro100?

    What is the output?

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    Sorry I am using two computers to work this out. I shut the other one off. I will give you the full output if you need it. I will give you what I remember in hopes that it is enough.

    I noticed that there were no errors with the eepro100.

    When I did the modprobe e100 there was an error.

    I found both drivers witht the "locate" command.

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    Then forget about the e100 driver.

    After
    Code:
    modprobe eepro100
    , if there is no error, test with
    Code:
    lsmod | grep eepro100
    This should show the driver being loaded.
    A loaded driver normally indicates a matching between hardware and driver.

    The next command is
    Code:
    ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.2 up

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    157
    HOLY CRAP!!! It works!!! I tried this friggin three times and said, "Man do I ever suck"! I can't get this to work. Then I tried the internet configurations wizard in the "Control Center" and changed the proxy settings to automatic and presto! I can connect to the internet! FINALLY!

    Thank-you for all your hard work and patience. I couldn't have done this without your help.

    Actually, I know I wouldn't have been able to do this without your help. I might have gotten it to connect to the internet, but there is no way I would have known how to install the driver for the NIC.

    Thanks again!

  6. #16
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    You're welcome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Problem Unique to Knoppix Later Versions!(SIS problem!)
    By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
  2. Wierd Problem With USB Keyboard, Maybe Motherboard Problem
    By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM picture

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM

$9599.00



128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5) picture

128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5)

$2085.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module

$29.25



Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM CMSX16GX4M1A3200C22 picture

Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM CMSX16GX4M1A3200C22

$65.00



Desktop RAM DIMM Memory Modules Lot of 8 Computer RAM Sticks for PC Desktop 64GB picture

Desktop RAM DIMM Memory Modules Lot of 8 Computer RAM Sticks for PC Desktop 64GB

$100.00