-
Junior Member
registered user
System on HD always reset net card ot use dhcp
I have this very annoying problem. When I restart, it always reset my net card config to use dhcp, even though I set to a static IP address. All the config data (ip, gw, dns, etc) are there, but every reboot will just reset the net card config back to dhcp.
That's darn annoying. Anywhere I can tell it to not even consider dhcp at all?
tia.
-
Senior Member
registered user
This has officially become an epidemic.
I have seen many posts exactly like this. Here's the drill:
Is your ethernet driver loaded?
Do you have an i.p.?
If you're like the rest you will not have one.
What does this do:
What about this:
Code:
/etc/init.d/networking restart
-
Senior Member
registered user
IIRC, I had to edit two files for my wireless card to be configured with a static ip at startup; /etc/network/interfaces -- change the line: iface eth1 inet dhcp to iface eth1 inet static. In most cases from what I was told, this should do it. But for wireless pcmcia cards, it doesn't. So I had to edit /etc/pcmcia/network.opts and put in my desired ip address, subnet mask, broadcast address, & gateway and saved the file. Reboot and it stuck since then.
HTH,
Durand
-
Junior Member
registered user
I already had my /etc/network/interfaces set correctly, and here's the contents:
Code:
auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.0.100
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.0.0
broadcast 192.168.0.255
gateway 192.168.0.200
And the file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 has roughly the same information.
After every reboot, it returns to dhcp mode. I use netcardconfig to configure it back, and all I have to do was to choose static IP and enter, enter, enter, ... to finish, as all the information is already filled in.
It definitely is annoying to have to su root and run netcardconfig everytime.[/quote]
-
Senior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By HamOpMW in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-05-2005, 09:06 AM
-
By Mattr35 in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By J0hnP1pe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:08 AM
-
By fabry6210 in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 09:25 PM
-
By dimkal in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 12:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4-3200 DIMM 288-Pin CMW128
$800.00

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu
$399.95
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

16x Kingston 8GB DDR4-2133 PC4-17000 2Rx8 UDIMM KVR21N15D8/8 128GB
$349.99

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz
$87.00

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99

Crucial 32GB Ballistix Sport LT-Laptop Ram 2x16 DDR4 2666 Memory 2 Module Kit
$89.92