-
Script to Regenerate fstab
I know I found it here before, but darned if I can find it now.
What's the command-line script that looks around your system and refreshes your fstab file?
And so I can find it again next time I forget, some keyphrases: make new fstab, fix fstab, update fstab, change fstab, redo fstab, alter fstab, modify fstab, script for fstab, debian script for fstab . . .
Thanks for your help!
-
Senior Member
registered user
john@niglo:~$ apropos fstab
endfsent (3) - handle fstab entries
fstab (5) - static information about the filesystems
getfsent (3) - handle fstab entries
getfsfile (3) - handle fstab entries
getfsspec (3) - handle fstab entries
nfs (5) - nfs fstab format and options
setfsent (3) - handle fstab entries
updfstab (
- update /etc/fstab to reflect removable devices
john@niglo:~$
One of these may be what you want: I've not the time now, but a man (whatever) may clarify.
-
How apropos. Yes, that's it (why didn't I see it there before?) -- thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Script to Regenerate fstab

Originally Posted by
unamiccia
I know I found it here before, but darned if I can find it now.
What's the command-line script that looks around your system and refreshes your fstab file?
And so I can find it again next time I forget, some keyphrases: make new fstab, fix fstab, update fstab, change fstab, redo fstab, alter fstab, modify fstab, script for fstab, debian script for fstab . . .
Thanks for your help!
I think what you are looking for is /usr/bin/rebuildfstab. After you do a hd install and you plug in say a usb hd or flash device all you need to do is run rebuildfstab and the device will be placed in /etc/fstab and then you can mount it.
Similar Threads
-
By knopx4me in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 03:53 PM
-
By cheetahman in forum General Support
Replies: 19
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 11:58 AM
-
By gnarvaja in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 12:51 AM
-
By digiSal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-19-2003, 04:41 PM
-
By rmayer1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 15
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 08:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11
$699.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99