-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Script to Regenerate fstab

Originally Posted by
unamiccia
I know I found it here before, but darned if I can find it now.
What's the command-line script that looks around your system and refreshes your fstab file?
And so I can find it again next time I forget, some keyphrases: make new fstab, fix fstab, update fstab, change fstab, redo fstab, alter fstab, modify fstab, script for fstab, debian script for fstab . . .
Thanks for your help!
I think what you are looking for is /usr/bin/rebuildfstab. After you do a hd install and you plug in say a usb hd or flash device all you need to do is run rebuildfstab and the device will be placed in /etc/fstab and then you can mount it.
Similar Threads
-
By knopx4me in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 03:53 PM
-
By cheetahman in forum General Support
Replies: 19
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 11:58 AM
-
By gnarvaja in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 12:51 AM
-
By digiSal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-19-2003, 04:41 PM
-
By rmayer1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 15
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 08:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US
$349.00