-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Script to Regenerate fstab

Originally Posted by
unamiccia
I know I found it here before, but darned if I can find it now.
What's the command-line script that looks around your system and refreshes your fstab file?
And so I can find it again next time I forget, some keyphrases: make new fstab, fix fstab, update fstab, change fstab, redo fstab, alter fstab, modify fstab, script for fstab, debian script for fstab . . .
Thanks for your help!
I think what you are looking for is /usr/bin/rebuildfstab. After you do a hd install and you plug in say a usb hd or flash device all you need to do is run rebuildfstab and the device will be placed in /etc/fstab and then you can mount it.
Similar Threads
-
By knopx4me in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 03:53 PM
-
By cheetahman in forum General Support
Replies: 19
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 11:58 AM
-
By gnarvaja in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 12:51 AM
-
By digiSal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-19-2003, 04:41 PM
-
By rmayer1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 15
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 08:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

Sony Ruggedized Raid PSZ-RA Thunderbolt 2 Portable RAID Array (12TB)
$419.00