-
no network after hdd install using the debian option
I am new to linux so there must be something obvious I am missing. I install to hdd using the
newbie option and everything works fine, so I tried to follow the instruction on
godot.studentenweb.org to used the debian install option. But after rebooting the ethernet
is not started. Can anyone help? Thanks.
I am using a Fujitsu S6120 laptop and I am very happy the speedstep stuff is supported, so
that there is no more annoying fan (which is what turned me off all other linux distributions because I don't know how to recompile kernell).
Actually can someone tell me what the difference between the two options are?
Similar Threads
-
By daneel101 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-28-2004, 08:20 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 05:03 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 01:00 PM
-
By Kruemel in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-17-2003, 09:34 PM
-
By redsea2002 in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99