-
I can't find .knofig
Hello,
I'm triying to install Knopixx 3.4 in a Dell power Edge 700 with two discs sata and adaptec raid. I made a low level format. I booted with Knoppix cd, then i used cfdisk to made partitions.
Then, in a console, knoppix-installer, made the configuration and exit. Then i saved the configuration. Well, i run knoppix-installer again, but i got a message: ERROR check fail for HD_CHOICE(). The configuration module will now be started. I have read that i have to modify the .knofig, but i can't find it in the root directory...
Where is it?
Thank you in advance, and excuse my poor english...
-
Senior Member
registered user
location of /.knofig file
Hi Batustini, just go to console as root and type "kwrite /root/.knofig" without the quotation marks, of course.
That will bring up the file you want and you can look at it/edit it. I had to do the same thing when I partitioned my drive last night and was having trouble with my 3rd partition. Hope this helps you....bob
-
-
Senior Member
registered user
good job
Good.....It sure takes alot maintaining Linux!!!!! It is definitly a challenge! Its like learning the computer all over again. I had to do the same thing as you and I finally got Knoppix working OK. There are a few smaller issues I have not been able to address right now though. It is just aggravating to have to get root permission for this and that! Well good luck!
-
I know windows deep inside, but linux... it's another GREAT world... Thank you Bob...
Best regards...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: good job

Originally Posted by
bob58
It is just aggravating to have to get root permission for this and that! Well good luck!
Linux is a true multi-user system. You should be glad that not everyone has access to just anythihng on your system. Also notice that with Win you must actually log out and log back in to be comeadmin. Tell me THAT isn't a PITA! :P This is not true under *nix. I find no difficulties with it whatsoever. Are you using su?
Also you can change permissions to allow users to access what you want them to.
Similar Threads
-
By jobuli in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-09-2005, 01:01 PM
-
By crashed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 02:39 PM
-
By delamatrix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 11:31 PM
-
By johnchan in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 08:58 AM
-
By femialpha in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

Intel Xeon Gold 6248R 3.0GHz 24-Core SRGZG 35.75MB LGA3647 Server CPU Processor
$225.00

NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11
$450.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade
$15.95

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 30M 12-Core LGA2011 CPU Processor SR19H E5-2697v2
$51.99