Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: operating frequency out of range

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Luton UK
    Posts
    2

    operating frequency out of range

    I am a 'newbie' to Linux and was hoping someone could help me.
    Just tried to install Knoppix on my computer, everything goes fine until a message comes up about operating frequency out of range. Apparently It needs to be between 20 - 50 Hz and my monitor can only go as low as 60 Hz according to microsoft windows xp home. I'm pretty certain I can alter this manually through regedit but I dont have a clue how to. Please remember that I am a COMPLETE NOVICE to Linux so treat me gently and dont blind me with science

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    72
    look up the knoppix cheatcodes
    youll likely have to boot up, press f2, and then tell it which vsync frequency to use.

    knoppix vsync=60

    i think the default for knoppix is to run it at higher frequencies, like 82 and up..

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Luton UK
    Posts
    2
    (To software) Thank you for that I'll give it a whirl. Could I be cheeky and ask if it is possible to set up more than one cheat code at a time? By default my operating system is in german so I have to type in the lang=us cheat, can I enter this AND the vsync cheat? Sorry but as you can tell I am a complete novice and need all the help I can get

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    72
    yep

    in fact, on my old machine, i type

    knoppix26 noscsi noddc nousb screen=800x600

Similar Threads

  1. No operating system after install... with a twist
    By Raenon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 06:40 AM
  2. Frequency Overrange
    By Crystlnova in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 10:30 PM
  3. Out of frequency range
    By cbc_B in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 06:37 PM
  4. Missing Operating System
    By digiSal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 10:06 PM
  5. Frequency problem!
    By knoppers in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 05:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00