Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Autologin. How?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    58

    Autologin. How?

    I want to autologin from the knoppix.sh.
    I don't want to do it through the login manager.

    The last line in my knoppix.sh is "login sunnyb"
    That passes my login name then prompts me for my password.
    Then I still have to type startx.
    I want to eliminate this last step.

    I have tried putting startx on the last line AND on the same line
    but after the password prompt and then hit enter it just stops at the
    console prompt waiting for a command. If I log out it will then proceed to finish the last command "startx".

    After I enter my password I want it to startx automagically.
    How would I do that?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    You may specify runlevel 5 as default in inittab, which boots straight into x11 where you probably get a grafical login.

    /etc/inittab:
    id:5:initdefault

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Catalonia (not spain)
    Posts
    5
    i try that:

    - control center
    - sytem administration
    - acces administrator
    - take the gadget in the right of users, in spanish is called "comodidad", i'm sorry i don't know the name in english
    - activate automatic access

    I have kno v3.7. good luck

Similar Threads

  1. Diasble Autologin??
    By derkaan in forum General Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 09:46 PM
  2. xdm and autologin
    By pachox in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2003, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$155.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$298.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$1444.00



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99