I was trying to do some perl developement the other day on a borrow windows laptop using a knoppix CD. I am working with RSS feeds so I wanted to use the XML::RSS module. I tried loading it with CPAN and got errors about a lock file and a read-only file system (yes, i know it is because it is on CD).
I was hoping that there was a way around this. I used Fabian's tools in the new 3.4 release to install apt-get, but I run into the same problem using it.
If anyone can tell me how to update perl with the Bundle::LWP modules and the XML::RSS modules specifically or any perl module generally that would be great.
Failing that, if anyone knows of a "developer" version of knoppix that includes most modules for perl that would be a good fall-back.
Failing that, if anyone knows of another LiveCD distro that might have that, I am open to suggestion. Thanks.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98