-
Wireless card setup
I have an MSI PC54g, and even though it uses the broadcom chip set, it is not supported. The first way I got it to work was with driverloader but that is a non-free solution. You get to try it for 30 days then you have to purchase the driver or it will stop working.
I then found ndiswrapper and that solved most of my problems. The only problem I hve now is that I have to do the wlan configuration every time I reboot. Give these steps a try and see if this helps
1. On the command line type lspci nad see if your card is detected.
2. If the card shows up here, download and install ndiswrapper
3. You will need the windows drivers for your card.
4. Follow the instructions to load your driver
5. Go to Network/Internet|Network Card configuration
6. Follow the prompts and you should be good to go.
Good luck
Jim
Similar Threads
-
By grant_vallance in forum Networking
Replies: 22
Last Post: 06-24-2007, 02:17 AM
-
By ed_sumitra in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-07-2005, 02:28 PM
-
By Mike UK in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
-
By Sn0wD0g in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 04:59 PM
-
By kaplanfx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 03:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01