-
Problem when booting Knoppix (Orinoco Silver PCMCIA)
I have posted this under other catagories with no conclusion yet. I have tried googling and reading almost any forums that have anything alike with the topic and still nothing. I am somewhat new to linux.
I have been messing with this issue for awhile now. I am using Knoppix 3.4 and when I boot get a black screen which does nothing. If I use a cheat (knoppix acpi=off noscsi) it will load but only to this stage:
PCMCIA Found, starting cardmgr.
cardmgr[82] starting, version is 3.2.5
cardmgr[82] socket 0: Lucent Technologies WaveLAN/IEEE Adapter
cardmgr[82] executing: 'modprobe hermes'
cardmgr[82] executing: 'modprobe orinoco'
cardmgr[82] executing: 'modprobe orinoco_cs'
As soon as "PCMCIA Found, starting cardmgr." shows a loud beep sound is heard.
I am using a Orinoco Silver PCMCIA card. If I use the "knoppix26 acpi=off noscsi" with the card not in the machine it will load up fine, but want to be able to use my wireless card. I have had same problem with the Orinoco loadup using knoppix 3.3 but not the blank screen nor the slow loading.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Computer is Presario 2195US
Similar Threads
-
By gravity in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 11:47 PM
-
By al_mckin in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 02:32 PM
-
By jsl81 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 01:04 PM
-
By jsl81 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 05:53 AM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-22-2003, 09:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

3U Rack Drawer Server Cabinet Case 19 Inch Rack Mount DJ Locking
$68.99

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell 2.4TB 10K SAS 2.5" F9NWJ 12Gbps HDD AL15SEB24EQY Hard Drive w/ Caddy
$324.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99