-
My Asus L4500R notebook
Hi all, I have problem while booting my Asus L4500R notebook. I have both Knoppix and Win XP installed.
The problem is : at bootmanager's screen when I choose Linux (2.4.* or 2.6.* kernel), it writes out :
Loading Linux ........................
Bios Data Check successful
and it hangs.
BUT : this ONLY happens when I boot Knoppix FIRST when I turn on my notebook.
It's weird that : IF I boot WinXP first, then RESTART (not SHUTDOWN), I can boot up Knoppix.
Anybody knows what problem it is ? , does WinXP write something to BIOS(that Knoppix cannot) so Knoppix can use it to load other hardwares ?
Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 05:12 PM
-
By pschuett in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 04:07 PM
-
By the_viper in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 07:56 PM
-
By Chuckbaker in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 08:05 PM
-
By kevin7 in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 10:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99