Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: how to use cheat codes after hdd install

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    how to use cheat codes after hdd install

    I just ran the knoppix-installer for my HP Pavilion ZX5040 Notebook,
    I had to boot the cd Knoppix 3.4 with
    linux26 noscsi nousb noapm noapic nodde
    otherwise it would get past the Looking for CDROM ..?

    (FYI Knoppix 3.3 boots fine without cheat codes.)

    I installed Grub and would like to know how to pass cheatcodes?


    Thank you,
    Mark

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    11
    You can't. You needed to boot it up as you wanted it then install. See this post

    esher2292

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    on the 5040 I had to use nodma as well

    That post sys that you need to have the boot options just as you want, for knx2hd?

    What I missed to state was I was using the
    knoppix-install on 3.4 to partition and install as a basic debian system.

    I also found how to pass boot options in gub manually

    root (hd0,0)
    kernel /boot/vmlinux-2.6.5 lang=us
    inited /boot/initrd-2.6.5
    boot

    I am not sure if all cheatcodes work? Also funny thing was I foudn that the nodma I needed when booting the cd-rom directly on this laptop was not needed when installed on the harddrive. I said to myself that maybe the cdrw/dvdr drive would not work, but it did. (I saw DMA enabled on the drive as it booted.)

Similar Threads

  1. Permanant cheat codes?
    By darkhand in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 06:27 PM
  2. How to combine these cheat codes ?
    By borislaff in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 08:18 PM
  3. Cheat codes
    By lbenn in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 03:13 PM
  4. Cheat codes no swap
    By adamherb in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-02-2005, 09:27 PM
  5. customized cheat codes
    By Harry Kuhman in forum Ideas
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 10:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98