-
on the 5040 I had to use nodma as well
That post sys that you need to have the boot options just as you want, for knx2hd?
What I missed to state was I was using the
knoppix-install on 3.4 to partition and install as a basic debian system.
I also found how to pass boot options in gub manually
root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/vmlinux-2.6.5 lang=us
inited /boot/initrd-2.6.5
boot
I am not sure if all cheatcodes work? Also funny thing was I foudn that the nodma I needed when booting the cd-rom directly on this laptop was not needed when installed on the harddrive. I said to myself that maybe the cdrw/dvdr drive would not work, but it did. (I saw DMA enabled on the drive as it booted.)
Similar Threads
-
By darkhand in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-25-2005, 06:27 PM
-
By borislaff in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 08:18 PM
-
By lbenn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 03:13 PM
-
By adamherb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-02-2005, 09:27 PM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Ideas
Replies: 16
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 Computer In Original Box w Cord & User Manual 💥
$149.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore 1750 512K RAM Expansion REU for C128 / C64 – Tested & Working
$110.00

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working)
$89.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00