I don't think people expect you to bootlick knoppix - most of them went here because of problems.
You didn't gave them much time, and not much information.

It seems that there are different installation-scripts available - which did you use?

What is the entry in your fstab for the /home?

I don't use automount (which is primarely mounting to /mnt/XYZN and /cdrom /cdrom1 - perhaps not mounting to /home?)
nor do I use kde, and .knofig is a perfect stranger to me

Left: touchpad.
Do you have three section 'Input Device' in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, some kind of Keyboard, Mouse and Touchpad?
Probably you have Keyboard and Mouse, but not Touchpad.
Copy the Section:
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "USB Mouse"
and modify it to
Code:
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Touchpad"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option      "Protocol" "auto"
	Option      "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
	Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
	Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
	Option      "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
	Option	    "SendCoreEvents"  "true"
EndSection
and in the top-section:
Code:
Section "ServerLayout"
	...
	InputDevice    "USB Mouse" "CorePointer"
	InputDevice    "Touchpad" "CorePointer"
Perhaps it will not work

(make a backup of the file before changing)