-
new knoppix user, please help
Hi all
I am incredibly new to linux and would apprecaite a little help please.
Having been interested in moving away from MS products for some time (and gradually doing so with open office, thunderbird, firefox) I have decided to go the whole hog and go for linux OS. So I bought a mag which has 3 live linux cds on, one of which is knoppix.
Have loaded up the CD fine and was very suprised. For some reason I expected linux to be command prompt based but it's suprisingly windowsy.
Anyway, back to the point. I haven't a clue how to use it! anyone know a good "how to" site they can reccommend please?
Also, whilst my mouse works in that I can wiggle it around and the pointer moves, knoppix doesn't respond to any clicks. could this be a driver issue? if so how do I rectify this as I assume I will need to install the drivers each time I load the CD. Or can I save settings in a folder on my HD and use it when I load knoppix?
I don't want to install knoppix to my HD just yet as I am told that one man's linux is another man's poison and want to get a feel for linux, try out a few distros ad then install the one with which I am most comfortable.
TIA
Tas
Similar Threads
-
By zspecfenix17 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 05:58 PM
-
By SunnyB in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:02 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-04-2003, 05:47 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:22 PM
-
By CyberBug84 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99