-
Senior Member
registered user
actually it depends on you specific hardware. some of my external are called sg0 (scsi generic), and the internal is hdc another internal (scsi) is sr0 so if you have scsi emulation (as in 2.4 kernels) you get srX or scdX depending on some other factors.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Romkillah
Is there any "Correct" way of doing this?
It appears that that this is a "teachers nightmare", multiple answers, and each one is correct...
I had learned with v3.3, and the previous v3.2, it all comes down to what dmesg says. If dmesg says sr#, then thats what you use, if it says scd#, then thats what you use. Unless you are working with DMA, in that case, you use the hdX...
From what I hear, v3.4 already sets "default" DMA active on all drives, which in previous versions, only the "main" root drive was set active to DMA, and all other drives were "default" DMA not active set.
I can't confirm this DMA setting, I am still running v3.3, but with v3.3, I had to add the hdparm to active set DMA in my bootmisc.sh, at the bottom of the file it had the hdparm for the "root" device already, and I just added for the rest of my other devices. I am going to have to check the DMA settings on v3.4 when I get it. ( I have a picky hard drive, backup data ext3 hard drive, that refuses to work with DMA set )
But, all in all, the HOWTO looks good, minor changes for the device names, but still is quite useful - for any version - I think 
Ms. Cuddles
-
i got them working perfect
All i needed to do is to reboot my machine 
sr0 sr1 is what i needed
thanks for all the help
-
Senior Member
registered user
actually umount -a&&mount -a should be enough. noneed to reboot 99% of the time.
Similar Threads
-
By Fabianx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 73
Last Post: 02-16-2008, 10:12 AM
-
By bsoderror in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 03:09 PM
-
By Xorpid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 02:37 AM
-
By dhawton in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 09:26 PM
-
By a.lost.soul in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 09:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor
$85.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel Core i7-7700 SR338 3.6GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 Kaby Lake CPU Processor - Good
$39.99

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95

ASUS P8H61-M PRO/CM6630/DP_MB-Motherboard w/ i3 CPU 8GB DDR3 Ram MicroATX
$40.00