-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Romkillah
Is there any "Correct" way of doing this?
It appears that that this is a "teachers nightmare", multiple answers, and each one is correct...
I had learned with v3.3, and the previous v3.2, it all comes down to what dmesg says. If dmesg says sr#, then thats what you use, if it says scd#, then thats what you use. Unless you are working with DMA, in that case, you use the hdX...
From what I hear, v3.4 already sets "default" DMA active on all drives, which in previous versions, only the "main" root drive was set active to DMA, and all other drives were "default" DMA not active set.
I can't confirm this DMA setting, I am still running v3.3, but with v3.3, I had to add the hdparm to active set DMA in my bootmisc.sh, at the bottom of the file it had the hdparm for the "root" device already, and I just added for the rest of my other devices. I am going to have to check the DMA settings on v3.4 when I get it. ( I have a picky hard drive, backup data ext3 hard drive, that refuses to work with DMA set )
But, all in all, the HOWTO looks good, minor changes for the device names, but still is quite useful - for any version - I think 
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By Fabianx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 73
Last Post: 02-16-2008, 10:12 AM
-
By bsoderror in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 03:09 PM
-
By Xorpid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 02:37 AM
-
By dhawton in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 09:26 PM
-
By a.lost.soul in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 09:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$482.02

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$372.48

SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable External SSD SDSSDE60-1T00 Never Used No Cable
$129.95

1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00
$150.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$19.49

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99

SanDisk SSD Plus 1TB (Internal SATA SSD Hard Drive (SDSSDA-1T00-G28)
$151.20