Try this:
Code:apt-get -t unstable install video-dvdrip
Trying to install DVD::Rip and I've added its source url to my /etc/apt/sources file.
I type
And this is my outputCode:apt-get install video-dvdrip
How in the hell do I deal with these dependencies, libevent-perl can't be installed. Any of the Perl packages I'm having problems with as well.Code:root@probot:~# apt-get install video-dvdrip Reading Package Lists... Done Building Dependency Tree... Done Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that the package is simply not installable and a bug report against that package should be filed. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: video-dvdrip: Depends: libgtk-perl but it is not going to be installed Depends: libgtk-pixbuf-perl but it is not going to be installed Depends: transcode (>= 2:0.6.6) but it is not going to be installed Depends: libevent-perl but it is not installable E: Broken packages
OR, can someone recommend anyother type of DVD Ripper to install of Knoppix/Linux?
thanks
Try this:
Code:apt-get -t unstable install video-dvdrip
you go here : http://marillat.free.fr/
and you put un your sources.list the diffirents sources.
it's the reference for all video and sound packages
I've added the new lines to my sources file from the url above and it replaces some files, but not the ones for the dvd ripper.
I still keep getting the same errors:
I've even used the text based cpan to try and install libgtk-perl with no success.Code:The following packages have unmet dependencies: video-dvdrip: Depends: libgtk-perl but it is not going to be installed Depends: libgtk-pixbuf-perl but it is not going to be installed Depends: transcode (>= 2:0.6.6) but it is not going to be installed Depends: libevent-perl but it is not going to be installed
Are there any other type of dvd rippers for Linux?

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67