The german keyboard is only in X (comand line)...while in KDE, everything is in English and the keyboard is correct. Is there a way to correct this module that boots up with a german keyboard map?
Greg
I did the HD-install of Knoppix Lite, and everything works out great!
My PC is a thinkpad 600, and network, video and sound all work, with some help.
My problem...I want to remove KDE and work from the command line only (until I decide on KDE 3.1 or Gnome). In the command line, My keyboard is the german layout! Many have been replaced by strange symbols or are in a different place!
I noticed that during boot the keyboard layout loaded is something like "de.latin1".
Any clue as to how to get this back to a US style, 102 key KB? Where is this loaded from and what script needs to be edited?
Thankx!
Greg
The german keyboard is only in X (comand line)...while in KDE, everything is in English and the keyboard is correct. Is there a way to correct this module that boots up with a german keyboard map?
Greg
When come to the boot screen, type: 'knoppix lang=us' and see if that fixes it.
Check out this thread:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=310
Hope this helps....[/url]
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention that this was a HD install. Follow BlckJck's advice.

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08