There is a laptop-forum, a few lines down in the forum-menu.
I read whatever I thought would be appropriate on the faqs, but am lost. I can not boot knoppix.
I have a dell Lattitude CSx
I would like to keep pcmcia seeing how my nic is on it.
I am trying to boot via a modular CDROM
how far I get
it does nothing else, please help meCode:Welcome to the KNOPPIZ live Linux-on-CD! Enabling DMA acceleartion for hda [stuff] Enabling DMA acceleration for hdc [TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-1802B] Looking for CDROM in: /dev/scd0 (hang)
There is a laptop-forum, a few lines down in the forum-menu.
surpisingly enouhg I missed that & I actually looked
*edit*
double post
Well I tried booting the disc on a different pc, it just gets to the Penguin and doesnt say anything and freezes, its a pentium 2, 512 ram, usb2 card, nic, ide controller, lots of stuff on the ide controller and usb2 card, what should I do
Sounds like you maybe have a bad disk.Originally Posted by oneeyedelf1
re downloaded it with a different computer and burnt it with a different burner, outta my brother's collection of blanks different brand purchased at a different times, and it still happens the same way on both computers
Still really sounds like a problem with the disk. There is some rare problems with certain brands of CD-ROM drives but I have an older Toshiba laptop & it reads the disk just fine so I doubt if it's that. You did burn the disk a an iso image, not just a regular data CD, right? You must have, I don't think it will even get that far if you didn't.
Try disabling dma with 'knoppix nodma' at the boot prompt.

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details
$95.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord
$23.99
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games
$349.30