-
Persistent Home Directory
Hello again everyone
I am very new to Linux and Knoppix and I have a couple questions which I can't find the answers to or I didn't know what or how to apply the answers I was getting.
Everyone seems to advociate setting a persistent home directory in Knoppix but I guess I don't understand why I can't do that from the Knoppix icon on the desktop.
I try to go through the process but when I try to do that I get a message which says I can't set a persistent home directory.
Do I need to have Three partitions, I only have Two. A swap and a Linux partition.
If you don't want to take the time to tell me how to do this just point me to a tutorial or something and I will read for myself.
Thanks
Dooley
Never mind, I finally figured it out, or at least I think I did.
Thanks anyway
Dooley
Similar Threads
-
By bucodi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
-
By ddrex in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
-
By Geof in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 03:55 PM
-
By Orion Pax in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-25-2003, 12:48 AM
-
By zblace in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Lot Of (8) Mixed RAM Spacer DDR4 2666 Micron 2400T Samsung 2133P Desktop Server
$880.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$260.00