Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: isapnp

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3

    isapnp

    When I try to boot using "failsafe" from my Knoppix 3.4 cd, I get an endless
    stream of error messages of the form

    isapnp: unexpected or unknown tag type X for logical device N (device 1), ignored

    where N increases by 1 each time and X cycles among 0xa, 0xae and 0xff.

    If I don't use failsafe the screen just goes blank until I press the reset button.

    The machine is a celeron 400 system with an Abit BH6 motherboard and a soundblaster 16 sound card. I'm pretty sure the cd itself is ok because it boots Knoppix with no problems on a newer Athlon machine.

    I can't see anything in the cheatcodes that is supposed to disable pnp detection. Is there any way of doing it? And if I can disable autodetection, is there a way of feeding Knoppix the correct information about my hardware?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    Do you have isa-cards?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by user unknown
    Do you have isa-cards?
    Yes, sorry, I should have made it clear that the soundblaster card is an isa card.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3

    Re: isapnp

    [quote="evets"]When I try to boot using "failsafe" from my Knoppix 3.4 cd, I get an endless
    stream of error messages of the form

    isapnp: unexpected or unknown tag type X for logical device N (device 1), ignored
    /quote]

    If I type "knoppix noisapnp pnpbios=off" at the boot prompt, knoppix boots.
    It might be helpful to add a mention of noisapnp to the cheatcode
    documentation in case someone else has the same problem in the future.

    Once knoppix is running, I can successfully run
    isapnp isapnp.conf
    where the isapnp.conf file has been copied over from a redhat6 system that
    runs on the same machine. That would seem to indicate that the isapnp built
    into the kernel reads the device differently from the standalone isapnp program.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HYNIX  HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN   3200AA    16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory picture

HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory

$105.00



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



M393A8G40AB2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY picture

M393A8G40AB2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY

$549.00



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95