-
Adding a new ethernet driver
Hi, I'm remastering the knoppix and I'd like to add a new driver which is
not in the kernel. It is the broadcom 1440 ethernet driver. I've got the driver and
compiled/insmod it in knoppix after a live-cd-boot and it works fine.
Now I'd like to add it to the list of drivers that knoppix tries during the
bootup and do the new remaster with it.
Thanks!
-
OK, I have solved it compiling the driver and adding in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh this line: 'insmod bcm4400' (this is the driver I compiled)
Well actually I have done lspci | grep Ethernet | grep BROADCOM and
if this returns something then do the insmod.
That works, any better solution??
Ramon Acedo
-
I need to do a similar modification
The Orinoco PCI drivers in 2.4.20-xfs appear not to support Monitor mode.
On a semi-related note, has anyone tried either of the following:
1) Compiling and installing a new kernel - plus modules - into a mounted hard-disk partition while booted from CD? (When you did this you would be CHROOTed to the /source/KNOPPIX subdirectory, of course.)
2) Applied a different (non-2.4.20-xfs) precompiled kernel package to a CHROOTed source/KNOPPIX directory using dselect?
Similar Threads
-
By drasey in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 07:34 PM
-
By brycen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:39 AM
-
By smolz in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 04:32 AM
-
By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM
-
By jstaker in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-17-2003, 05:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$218.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14â FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$245.00

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14â Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99