-
Where are the KDE Config files hiding?
I'm trying to alter the KDE Application menu as part of a remastering project. While I have had a bit of success in using kmenuedit to make changes, not all my updates seem to take effect.
Case in point - Games. I set the "Games" object to "hidden", saved the changes and copied the whole /home/knoppix/.kde structure to /skel/.kde
Lo and behold, when I remastered the image and booted it, the Games object is still there...
Other changes I made - such as modifying titles of other applications, or changing their classifications - worked fine.
What are and where are the configuration files for KDE and its related components? Can I modify or delete these to get the menus set up the way I want them? Or is there another way to effectively modify the Application menu?
Similar Threads
-
By cld in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 12:57 AM
-
By Leslie Simon in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 01:38 PM
-
By matt_w_lambert in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 11:09 PM
-
By pacho in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 05:50 AM
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-13-2003, 06:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99