try 'running' sbminst.exe it'll create a boot floppy.
Downloaded
knoppix_v3.4-2004-05-10-en.iso
Burned this file to a CD with NERO
checked BIOS and CD ROM is first in BOOT order
on BOOT, system goes straight into WIN XP
copied SBMINST.exe and cwsdpmi.exe to a FLOPPY
BOOTING with this Floppy in DRIVE a gives "NON SYSTEM DISK, REMOVE DISK and PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE".
How shall I get BOOTING into KNOPPIX from my IMAGE CD/Boot Disc?
thanks for any assistance in advance
jayro
P.S. - I'm GREEN as GRASS to anything but WINDOWS, but wanting to learn..... so please be as detailed as needed for me to follow your instructions.
try 'running' sbminst.exe it'll create a boot floppy.
run it where?....how? when I CLICK on the file...it flashes a DOS BOX at me...and then I'm back to WINDOWS....... Like I SAID, if it AIN'T WINDOWS.....I'm lost..... need SPECIFIC instructions please
thanks
After burning the cd, did you check the cd's image(md5sum) if its correct? You can check it for instance with http://www.etree.org/md5com.html.
PULSAR....thanks for the reply.....as it stands now, I'm booting from the CD properly now. Apparently I hadn't burn an IMAGE CD, simply a DATA CD copying the KNOPPIX_3.4-2004-05-10-en.iso file. Now that I've made an IMAGE CD, booting from it is working fine.
Thanks
jayro
P.S. The hyperlink in your post is "goin' to ATLANTA" (error 404).... just in case y'wanted info like that

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$250.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00