Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: cant boot knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8

    cant boot knoppix

    I read whatever I thought would be appropriate on the faqs, but am lost. I can not boot knoppix.
    I have a dell Lattitude CSx
    I would like to keep pcmcia seeing how my nic is on it.
    I am trying to boot via a modular CDROM
    how far I get
    Code:
    Welcome to the KNOPPIX live Linux-on-CD!
    
    Enabling DMA acceleartion for hda    [stuff(hd info)]
    Enabling DMA acceleration for hdc     [TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-1802B]
    Looking for CDROM in: /dev/scd0 (hang)
    it does nothing else, please help me

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1
    I am also having the exact same problem as mentioned above on a (very old) Dell Inspiron 3200.

    Any help would be greatly recieved.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93
    This might help, http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...pixOnInspirons
    Also, you may need the right combination of other cheat codes. A site search for lattitude led to these results. You may find more by using different keywords.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6
    ok I was going to post my problem , it is the same problem as yours. I have an Hp Pavillion zv5160. typing failsafe at the boot prompt at least it will run

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1
    Try cheatcode "nodma", that worked on my Dell Latitude CP. Thanks for the failsafe tip, that helped me a lot!

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix/Win2K Dual Boot using boot.ini
    By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
  2. installed kanotix to hdb, lost boot option to boot knoppix
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
  3. Knoppix wont boot with boot floppy
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
  4. using knoppix on multi-boot CD's (boot scriptor)
    By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
  5. Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img
    By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server picture

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server

$100.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF Server (256GB NVME, 8GB RAM, i5-7500 @ 3.8Ghz) picture

Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF Server (256GB NVME, 8GB RAM, i5-7500 @ 3.8Ghz)

$75.00



LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount picture

LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount

$350.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00