I am also having the exact same problem as mentioned above on a (very old) Dell Inspiron 3200.
Any help would be greatly recieved.
I read whatever I thought would be appropriate on the faqs, but am lost. I can not boot knoppix.
I have a dell Lattitude CSx
I would like to keep pcmcia seeing how my nic is on it.
I am trying to boot via a modular CDROM
how far I get
it does nothing else, please help meCode:Welcome to the KNOPPIX live Linux-on-CD! Enabling DMA acceleartion for hda [stuff(hd info)] Enabling DMA acceleration for hdc [TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-1802B] Looking for CDROM in: /dev/scd0 (hang)
I am also having the exact same problem as mentioned above on a (very old) Dell Inspiron 3200.
Any help would be greatly recieved.
This might help, http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...pixOnInspirons
Also, you may need the right combination of other cheat codes. A site search for lattitude led to these results. You may find more by using different keywords.
ok I was going to post my problem , it is the same problem as yours. I have an Hp Pavillion zv5160. typing failsafe at the boot prompt at least it will run
Try cheatcode "nodma", that worked on my Dell Latitude CP. Thanks for the failsafe tip, that helped me a lot!

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00