DUnno anything about Icewm but did you do update-menus and restart Icewm?
Dear friends,
Recently I discovered ICEWM. It is very nice, lightweight and fast.
But I found a problem... I am not sure !
I have installed some programs (using apt-get install way, let say mplayer). After the installation I have tried to find mplayer at program’s menu but nothing. I search every menu, sub-menu. The strange thing is that mplayer correctly inserted at KDE program’s menu...
Any idea how can "update" ICEWM program’s menu.
Thanks in advance
Mike Kranidis
DUnno anything about Icewm but did you do update-menus and restart Icewm?
Dear mzilikazi,
yes update-menu worked for me.
Thanks a lot
RIght on. BTW, that is how you update Debian menus.

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W Unused
$189.00
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205
$317.56
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19