I have an Apollo board with via chips, and of course the ac97 sound. Ive never had that problem with 3.2-3.4. Via does have drivers for linux, so its best to check their site.
Hi all!
I'm very new at using knoppix and have a little trouble with the soundcard. It's an onboard soundcard and it seems as though it cant find the right driver.
I have tried:
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ dmesg |grep AC97
via82cxxx: timeout while reading AC97 codec (0xAA0000)
ac97_codec: AC97 Audio codec, id: ADS112 (Unknown)
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ lsmod |grep ac97
ac97_codec 11916 0 [via82cxxx_audio]
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ lspci |grep AC97
0000:00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)
And to be totally hones, I don't know the next step.
Please, help would be very much appritiated!
Thanx
Lasse
I have an Apollo board with via chips, and of course the ac97 sound. Ive never had that problem with 3.2-3.4. Via does have drivers for linux, so its best to check their site.
Ok, thanks, I´ll se if I can found something on there webpage. // Lasse

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99